Joy in Learning Begins at Age 3!
The Harley School’s Nursery program for ages 3 and 4 is focused on school readiness and creating a positive foundation for learning. At The Harley School, problem-solving comes to life through hands-on projects and exploration.
Nursery/Preschool-aged children are involved in a variety of daily activities, providing a balance between individual and group experiences. These activities include group projects, dramatic play, art, music, gym, and outdoor play. Students also participate in school assemblies and field studies. We emphasize the importance of language arts and provide a strong foundation for future language development through group discussions and storytelling.
Across the curriculum, faculty guide students through idea-driven exploration and problem solving, cultivating curiosity, confidence, and joy in learning. Taking a balanced approach to academic disciplines, the arts, and athletics, Harley teaches critical thinking, creativity, empathy, and civic responsibility. Harley's motto, and hope for each student, is "Become What Thou Art.”
Learn more about Why Harley?
* Nursery to Grade 12. Nursery Program begins at age 3
* 7:1 Student to teacher ratio
* Students come from more than 30 school districts and 5 counties. Busing is available.
* 29% ethnic diversity in our student body
* 100% of graduates go on to college
* More than 50% of students receive financial aid. More than $3 million in financial aid awarded annually.
* 17 Advanced Placement courses
* Average SAT score is 1310
* The Commons "living building" generates its own energy with students at the helm