DJ Mixing Group Classes
*The event has already taken place on this date: Sun, 12/29/2019
The foundation to being a good DJ is your ability to mix, blend and program songs cleanly alongside creatively. The Beat Refinery DJ Mixing Program is this foundation, designed to progress students from the entry level, to the fundamentals, and finally to advanced mixing skills. After completing all the levels of the DJ Mixing Program, you will be well on your way to whatever kind of DJ career or artistic path you desire. No matter what level you’re at (beginner to advanced) students are billed on a monthly plan. On your first day of class, your instructor will evaluate your current skill level and determine which level it falls under in our DJ Mixing curriculum and work with you from there. Work side by side with your instructor and complete each level at your own pace. The time to complete this course is based on your own progress, along with your instructor advancing you through each level. Upon completion of DJ Mixing Levels 1-4 and the Professional Course, you will receive the Beat Refinery DJ Mixing Certificate. After earning the DJ Mixing Certificate, you are well on your way to completing the Professional DJ Certificate.
Level 1: Intro to DJing
Prerequisites: No previous DJ experience necessary.
Students will learn:
- Brief overview of the history, culture, and the art of the DJ as well as possible careers in the DJ business
- Basic Functions of the DJ Equipment (Turntables, Mixer, Needles, Slipmats, Vinyl Records, Speakers, Etc.)
- Introduction to Serato Scratch Live, the Industry Standard DJ Vinyl Emulation Software
- Hand/Eye/Ear Fundamentals
- Introduction to Music Theory for the DJ
- Introduction to Mixing on 2 Turntables
- Introduction to Scratching (Baby Scratch)
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.