Holiday & Christmas Light Displays in the Rochester Area
List for 2013
This list is being updated every day as word comes in of new locations.
If you have suggestions for other places to go to see holiday lights, please email Debra Ross at [email protected] the address and/or place to go, and any other information or comments you have!
Thanks to the terrific KidsOutAndAbout.com readers who have sent in their suggestions for other places that families can go to see light displays! We rely on you to keep this list updated! (Your editor can't travel to every single one every single year.) Please let us know if anything has changed.
Rochester Christian Church Ministries
Free family fun! The RCCM campus will be transformed into a Christmas wonderland with four major attractions beginning December 11th and running through December 23rd. Miracle, a thrilling and awe-inspiring 4D motion ride; Journey Through Bethlehem, a live show featuring live animals, a living nativity, 40 actors, and a celebrity narrator. Raffadali's Great Adventure is an interactive children’s show starring Raffadali the donkey; and RCCM’s Country Christmas -- an all-original, knee-slapping, toe-tapping good time starring the Frateriggo family. Each show is about 20 mins and runs continuously from 6-9pm each night. Remember, it's all FREE! For much more information and to reserve advanced tickets, visit RCCM.org or call 585-247-4444.
2120 Buffalo Road
Garden Factory Holiday Music & Light Show!
Over 100,000 LED lights, enough to cover over 500 individual trees, all hung up within one heated indoor theater, set to music in a synchronized display, cascading with the melody and pulsing to the beat. The show features three-song sets from among eleven holiday songs, ranging from rock opera to the oldies we’ve all grown up with, so you’ll want to return again and again to experience them all. Bring the kids, bring the parents, bring the grandparents, this is a show that is sure to entertain everyone. While you're there, check out all of The Garden Factory's other Holiday Family Fun, like their Model Train Display, visit Santa, and lots more!
- The show is located in Henrietta, NY just south of MarketPlace Mall off of Bailey Rd.
- 15 Academy Drive. Henrietta, NY 14623
- Hours: 5PM-10PM nightly.
Rochester New York Christmas Holiday Light Display off Lehigh Station Rd in Henrietta (map is on the link, scroll down).
Optional though very welcome:
- Bring a nonperishable food item! Rob Flynn, the home owner, says KidsOutAndAbout readers have been overflowing the food donation box! Thank you! And also check out their web page for the Christmas Eve 8pm free event.
Princess Drive in Henrietta, NY 14623
(One of the first houses off of Pinnacle)
(amazing neighborhood off of Lyell Road in Gates)
King Christmas Lights: 76 White Oak Bend, Rochester NY 14624
- Like us at http://www.facebook.com/KingChristmasLights, or just visit the site to see the videos of our display virtually. Decorated with over 15,000 lights, there are 23 songs this year synchronized on 90.3 FM. Show runs Sunday – Thursday 5pm – 10pm and 5pm-11pm on Friday and Saturday.
Archer Rd & Paul Rd in Chili: 2 Wheat Hill, Chili 14624
- A reader writes: It's across from The Father's House church. It rivals if not beats Rahway in Gates!
- A reader writes:This house has a lot of lights, color changing, and everything awesome display!
A front yard display featuring lights and inflatables, on a side street just north of Vintage Lane in Greece.
Lights are choreographed to music with 6 Christmas selections from Linus and Lucy to TSO, and a song about a kid who wants a Hippopotamus for Christmas. To hear the music all passers by need to do is tune to 91.9.
City of Rochester
- House with lights. (In 2012 there were synchronized songs... songs as yet unverified for 2013)
- Feliz Navidad, everyone! Corner of Norton St. and Strathmore Circle.
Join us every Friday, Saturday and Sunday November 29-December 23 at Camp Eastman (no Spectacle Sunday Dec.8 & 15) . Each evening we’ll have family friendly activities, hot cocoa & coffee, a fantastic display of Holiday lights and other special events planned throughout the course of the Spectacle! The Spectacle of Lights is sponsored by American Legion Post 134 & the Irondequoit Kiwanis Club. All proceeds benefit The Golisano Children’s Hospital. There is a small per car fee of $10. 585-336-6070 for more information
- The obsession began with a staple gun and some candy canes. It has grown into over 25,000 lights and 64 channels of Light-O-Rama. Sunday thru Thursday 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM, Friday and Saturday 5:00 PM to 11:00 pm. Listen to the song list on 106.5 FM.
169 Orland Road, Irondequoit, 14622
Over 15,000 lights that are choreographed to Christmas music. The lights are on approximately 4:30-9:30 pm.
Cul de sac end of Endicar Dr (North side) off Titus, west of Culver. Gorgeous high end contemporary homes all decorated with lights. Awesome display!
- Right past the Webster line off of 104 via the Bay Bridge. Left onto County Line Rd, right onto Boston Rd. 20 min from city. 5 from Webster. Outstanding lights display and even a runway for Santa to land!
- Off Route 104 in Ontario. At Furnace Rd, turn North towards lake Ontario (1 mile).
- Huge yard display on Stoney Lonesome Road in Williamson. It's north of 104... turn north on Fisher, then east on Kenyon, then north on Stoney Lonesome. (Might not always be on.)
- Lots of lights on the house and across the lawn, nativity scene and metal sculptures. Matthew does the work, Anne holds the ladders!
A KOA reader writes:
- There are two houses on Yorktown in Webster/Penfield near Baytowne Plaza with impressive light displays. It's a short street connecting Plank Rd and Creek St. You can't miss them. They're bright!!
- My family and I have set up a Christmas display that is synchronized to music this year. My boys (10 & 13) and I have been working on this since Christmas last year and have decorated our house with over 100 strings of lights. All of these lights are computer controlled and synchronized to to music. The music is sent over FM so you can listen to it in your car while watching the lights.
- A house near the Hillary Lane House above; also includes music. Right near Penfield Recreation. Saturday & Sunday, Dec 14/15, 2013 they are offering a house tour ($3) with the proceeds benefiting Ronald McDonald House.
- Another house in the same tract as the Hilary Lane and Henderson Drive houses.
The entire neighborhood hires professionals to decorate every house on the street.
- This 1930s-built neighborhood in East Rochester with lots of great Tudor houses starts on Lake Crescent Drive right across from the Wegmans on Fairport Road. On Christmas Eve, residents throughout the coordinate beautiful luminaria displays lining the roads.
- Off Turk Hill Road, just North of Rt. 96. A stone's throw from Eastview Mall (Beaumont Estates) 5 pm - 11 pm. 7 days a week until New Year's.
Reader Comment: This display is as good as it gets. Don't miss this one, I think you could see it from space.
- East Pointe is off of High St Extension. A reader writes: The front and back yard are done. Can see back yard from High St Ext and then turn onto East Pointe to see the front. Also there are some other nicely decorated houses on the street.
- Development east of Route 250, north of Garnsey. Take Cannock Road off of Moseley (Route 250). The whole development is lovely, but the house on the corner of Wedmore and Kirby has been a community standby for years.
Reader Comment: There is a place in Fairport that is in sync to music on a FM station. It's great! We've been going there now for 3 years. They also have a facebook page: "Fairport Manor Christmas lights." Runs daily 6pm-11pm now until mid-January. Radio channel is 91. (Another reader notes in 2013 that he has not seen this house lit this year... if someone can confirm, please email [email protected].)
- Turn onto Duck Hollow from Victor-Egypt Rd (County Rd 9), then either right or left onto Setters Run. A very bright display choreographed to Christmas music.
- 55,000 lights are synchronized to 17 different songs. Six houses participate! Tune your car radio to 91.1 FM to listen. Hours: Sunday-Thursday 4:30pm-9:30pm, Friday-Saturday 4:30pm-10:30pm.
Know of other great houses or streets that have fantastic holiday lights? Email KidsOutAndAbout's editor at [email protected]!
© 2013, KidsOutAndAbout.com. No part of this article may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the express written permission of KidsOutAndAbout.com.