Sweet Creations Gingerbread House Display
On display November 2 through December 12!
A popular holiday tradition! The George Eastman Museum in Rochester, N.Y., invites young and old to enjoy a feast for the eyes and nose — a display of more than 50 cleverly designed gingerbread houses, on view throughout the historic house. The Sweet Creations: Gingerbread House display features clever confections from professional bakers, families, and community groups.
Each is available for purchase via silent auction. In addition, the National Historic Landmark house is elaborately decorated for the holidays.
Our family visitors are always important to us. We'd like to suggest some ways to enhance your visit.
Families in the Discovery Room at the George Eastman Museum.
- Please feel free to join any of the day’s public house tours and gallery talks. Our admission staff would be delighted to direct you.
- We hope you will enjoy visiting our current photography exhibits. These exhibitions give us the opportunity to highlight some of the greatest hits of the museum’s photography, technology, and motion pictures collections.
- Don’t forget about the Discovery Room on the second floor of the house! The kids (and parents too!) will enjoy creating their own sun prints and visiting other hands-on stations throughout the room.
- Our Museum Store offers a variety of Children’s books and toys.
- No visit would be complete without a visit to our Café. Mary invites you to check out the day’s selections of soups, salads, sandwiches, and, of course, delicious cakes, cookies, and other pastries.
Note: Baby-changing stations are located in each of the restrooms.