Shelter Helpers- At Lollypop Farm
Shelter Helpers is a fun in-person program specially designed for students looking for opportunities to help their community. Perfect for young animal lovers (8-16 years-old) Shelter Helpers will explore different ways that youth can help homeless pets. Participants may create a variety of enrichment toys, devise adoption promotion materials, and participate in keeping the shelter grounds tidy – not to mention get some hands-on animal socialization time! *Program hours are eligible to be signed off as service hours
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update it immediately.
- 8-16 years old
- Participants must arrive on time and stay for the entire session.
- Show respect to all animals (including humans too!)
- Morning sessions (10 a.m. – 12 p.m.) are reserved for participants ages 8-11 years old.
- Afternoon sessions (1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.) are reserved for participants ages 12-16 years old
- The program fee is $25 per session. If this will be a financial hardship, please contact the Humane Education Manager
- 5-10 students will be in attendance at each session.
- Registration is required.
- Guardians can drop-off and pick-up program participants at the Training and Education Center entrance.
- Participants must wear clothes that can get messy and closed toe shoes with rubber soles.
COVID-19 In-Shelter Policies
- A face mask that covers both nose and mouth is required inside the shelter.
- All people will practice social distancing as much as possible while on campus. Tables and chairs will be set up to keep participants spaced apart.
- Our policy is social distancing as much as feasibly possible within a childcare setting. While we will be encouraging and aiming to positively reinforce social distancing, much of our focus is on ways to promote disease prevention if and when social distancing is broken–such as increased hand washing and sanitizing, keeping in small stable groups, and sanitizing spaces and objects between uses.
- Saturday, September 11
- Sunday, September 12
- Sunday, September 19
- Saturday, September 25
- Sunday, September 26
- Saturday, October 2
- Sunday, October 3
- Saturday, October 16
- Sunday, October 17
- Sunday, October 24
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.
Morning sessions (10 a.m. – 12 p.m.) are reserved for participants ages 8-11 years old. Afternoon sessions (1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.) are reserved for participants ages 12-16 years old
$25 per session