AgesAll Ages Adults & kids together Adults without kids
- Opt outdoors with Saturday’s 10k Snowshoe Race by Goose Adventure Racing or Sunday’s Ski Orienteering by Rochester Orienteering Club.
- Dig into locally sourced chili (vegetarian option available) and home made baked goods for purchase from 11:30am to 2:30pm to benefit the Genesee Valley Ski Patrol, the volunteer organization that patrols our ski trails to ensure the safety of our visitors.
- Explore winter wear in presentations by L.L. Bean and The North Face representatives and Scandinavian culture with information from the Scandinavian Heritage Society and Sons of Norway Lodge
- Weather permitting, ski and snowshoe trails will be open with rentals available.
- A talk by adventurer and high altitude mountaineer Meagan McGrath (Time TBD)
- Crafts, snow fort building and more for the kids!
Want to participate in a race?
Make sure to register in your race of choice before the event.
Goose Adventure Racing NordicFest 10K Snowshoe Race | Saturday, Feb. 17
The 10K race will feature a looped course that is entirely in the woods and travels on familiar and backcountry trails. Two aid stations, fast trails, and over 900 acres of Finger Lakes nature will be on hand for you to enjoy.
Rochester Orienteering Club Ski-O | Sunday, Feb. 18
Grab a map from Rochester Orienteering Club and hit the trails! Your goal is to find as many control points as you can in one hour. You may find the controls on foot, skis or snowshoes depending on the weather conditions. No special equipment is required and compasses will be available at registration for anyone who wants to borrow one. Instruction from Rochester Orienteering Club members will be available throughout the event.