Heberle Stables' Summer Horse Camp - Week 5
Welcome to our Summer Camp program since 1990!
Heather Heberle is a certified riding instructors and will lead the camp along with other instructors. We are excited about our program and are confident that the campers will have a great time and acquire new learning experiences.
Age and Agenda
- The camp is offered for children 5 years and up, for the first time riders to the intermediate. Campers will learn all aspects of horse husbandry including grooming, tacking, riding lessons each day and feeding. A “horse” type craft will be worked on during the afternoon along with other fun activities involved with horses!
- The campers are split into 3 groups and rotate in the mornings from the different stations such as learning tacking, parts of horse, health, feeding, grooming and riding. The stations are new each day except the riding lesson. There is one on one help for the riding ring (if needed) and about one to four at the other stations. We maintain a high standard for safety and a close watchful eye on the campers, also allowing for fun and freedom on the farm.
- The afternoon is for the projects, usually includes a picture of them on the horse they are riding. Also games and sometimes playing with the slip and slide or sprinkler on the hot days. Some other activities are grazing the horses/ponies, bareback riding, tag, quiet time if some like. All days are spent around the barn.
- Campers need to wear a boot type shoe (covering the ankle) and long pants. A baseball cap is helpful in keeping the helmet fitted on the students head and for cleanliness. Safety equipment and materials for crafts are provided.
- Horseback riding is an exercise and so is the work involved, so please bring a beverage and shorts to change into if you choose so. If staying for a full day please bring your lunch, a refrigerator is available. A T-shirt or other gift will be given to each camper.
On Mondays, the parents need to stay until approximately 9:30 for orientation. We will discuss the week, proper pick up and drop off procedures, brief tour of the farm and to answer any questions. Parents are welcome to watch the lesson on Thursdays.
Please email Heather Heberle at firstname.lastname@example.org for availability or any other questions.
2020 Camp Dates
- Week 1 July 13 - 17, 2020
- Week 2 July 20 - 24, 2020
- Week 3 August 3 - 7, 2020
- Week 4 August 10 - 14, 2020
- Week 5 August 24 - 29, 2020
- $450.00/week (full day) 9 AM till 4:00 PM
- $400.00/week (half day) 9 AM till 12:30 PM
- Prices listed are the discounted cash or check price, an additional $10 added for credit card processing.
- Early or after hour day care available for $10 per hour.
- Our Tax ID number will be provided on sales receipts.
- If you’d like to pay with credit card, email Heather to get an invoice sent at email@example.com.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.