AgesAll Ages Adults & kids together
In celebration of fathers everywhere, all dads are FREE ADMISSION to the museum on Sunday, June 17! (No ID required.)
Visit the farm and its animals, explore an octagon-shaped house, stop by the potter and blacksmith, see cooking demonstrations, and even visit a real 19th-century working brewery (and try some of our ales or hard cider).
- Take in a vintage base ball double-header at Silver Base Ball Park, played by 1868 rules before the introduction of gloves and other protective equipment. Games are at 11:00am and 1:00pm.
- Try your hand at splitting rails.
- Join Professor Lowe as he demonstrates the fascinating, bang-up chemical process that generated hydrogen during the Civil War. The highly flammable, lighter-than-air gas floated Union spies above Confederate lines in gas-filled balloons. (11:30am)
- Enjoy a delicious lunch at the Depot Restaurant.
- Learn all about 19th-century facial hair fashions and even get some tips on styling your ‘stache. You might even join in an 1864 ditty about the moustache. (1:00pm)
- And if you don’t have a moustache, you can make your own.
- Wander the Nature Center trails.
- Explore the gallery's new exhibits.