Camp Eastside - School Age Camp
All unit assignments are based off the grade they are entering in the 2019-2020 school year.
Salamanders entering grades 1-2
Lizards entering grades 3-4
Dragons entering grades 5-8
Campers will be broken into Dragons A (grades 7-8) and Dragons B (grades 5-6)
Leaders In Training (LIT) are ages 13 and 14
Counselors In Training (CIT) are 15 years in age
Session Dates and themes:
Session 1: June 24-28 | It’s a Jungle | Sampler/individual days are offered Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Thursday and Friday are bundled and include a Zoo Field Trip Friday.
Session 2: July 1-5 | Closed July 4th | Crazy Calendar Week
Session 3: July 8-12 | Project Funway
Session 4: July 15-19 | Campers VS Counselors
Session 5: July 22-26 | Color Splash
Session 6: July 29-August 2 | Ocean Commotion
Session 7: August 5-9 | Game Craze, Seabreeze Field Trip
Session 8: August 12-16 | Human Question Mark
Session 9: August 19-23 | Shipwrecked
Session 10: August 26-30 | Camp Rewind
Day camp and specialty camps take place in the back camp grounds– look for the ‘Welcome to Camp Eastside’ sign! We are lucky to have the amenities of the branch at our fingertips but the luxury of being able to enjoy open fields, outdoor sports courts, and wooded hiking trails.
Campers will store bags, lunches and beat the heat and wet weather in the their designated areas. We have two fully enclosed shelters: both with two bathrooms and drinking fountains. Dragons will use the open-air pavilion as their home base throughout the week.
Campers will rotate to each of the areas over the course of the week–
- Craft: Campers will create crafts that will hang on your refrigerator or be showcased on the mantel for months to come.
- Sports: Learn the fundamentals of being a team as campers increase their motor skills and coordination .
- Rock Wall: Our indoor and outdoor rock walls offer campers the opportunity to step outside of their comfort zone and gain confidence.
- Archery: We begin the basics teaching a traditional recurve discipline.
- Friday Theme Days: Each Friday a large event will happen based on the theme. We do offer two Friday field trips throughout the summer.
- Swimming daily. Our indoor aquatics area means we’ll never get rained out of swimming. All campers must pass a “deep end” swim test to be able to swim in the deep end or without a life jacket.
- Group based programming is designed to expose campers to a variety of traditional camping activities. Counselors will plan theme based activities that include crafts, large group games, STEM, creative thinking, and more.
- Unit time. As the day wraps down each unit will huddle up and spend time bonding as a larger group.
AM care [7:00-9:00] and PM [4:00-6:00] are available at no additional charge.
Traditional Day Camp: $222 YMCA Member | $286 Program Member
A $15 sibling discounted is applied when siblings are enrolled in the same session.
A $25 deposit per session is due at the time of registration.