Youth Hockey- Pre Mites at Bill Gray's Regional Iceplex
While the program focuses heavily on developing the individual playing skills of all participants, it also introduces the concept of being on a team by putting participants into groups (mini teams) within the entire class of participants.
General Program Information:
- A program orientation meeting will take place immediately following the first on-ice class for each session
- Players are placed on teams according to skill level, to insure proper player development
- Although players are placed on teams, team play is not the primary focus of the pre-mite program (which will be explained in more detail during the orientation meeting)
- Each team will have a coach that will be assigned to it for the entirety of the program, which helps in creating a positive environment for all participants, but allows for maximum development of all participants by having a dedicated coach who can be in tune with each participants skill levels and development patterns.
- Each session includes a minimum of 22 on-ice sessions, which would consist of practices and game play
- Approximately once per month, the pre-mite teams will participate in a hockey jamboree, which consists of 3 to 4 games with other pre-mite teams from the Rochester area
- Mid-session transfer opportunities are available for players in Hockey 101 that complete that program midway through a pre-mite session. Transfer processes are explained to all Hockey 101 participants at the conclusion of that program
- This program requires that all participants register with USA Hockey as a player for the 2017-18 playing season. This registration is FREE for any children 6 years of ago or under.
- Full equipment is required (helmet with face guard, shoulder pads, elbow pads, shin pads, hockey pants, skates, jersey, socks, gloves and stick). Starter equipment packages are available from our partner supplier, Locker Room Sports.
COST: $299.00 per session
Each session meets twice per week with a total of 22 on-ice classes per session.
SESSION #1 [Fall]: 9/18/2017 - 12/16/2017