- All FREE events coming up
- Indoor Play Centers
- Cross-country skiing & snowshoeing
- Family-friendly SKIING within driving distance
- Ice Skating in the Rochester area
- Where to SLED
- Winter fun in Monroe County's parks
- Upcoming open houses
- Kid-Friendly Wegmans
- Grocery Store Games
- Review of Swain Ski Resort
- Top 10 WINTER things to do with kids in ROC
YOUR ONLINE RESOURCE FOR KIDS AND FAMILIES
- Southeast / Florida
- Midwest & Texas
- Mountain states
- West Coast / Nevada
Sweet Creations Gingerbread House Display at George Eastman House
George Eastman House
On display through Wednesday, December 17!
A popular holiday tradition! George Eastman House in Rochester, N.Y., invites young and old to enjoy a feast for the eyes and nose — a display of more than 70 cleverly designed gingerbread houses, on view throughout the historic house. The Sweet Creations: Gingerbread House Display exhibit features clever confections from professional bakers, families, and community groups. In addition, the National Historic Landmark house is elaborately decorated for the holidays.
Each is available for purchase via silent auction. In addition, the National Historic Landmark house is elaborately decorated for the holidays.
This year's exhibit is full, To be in our database for next year's exhibit, please contact Kathy Connor at email@example.com or 271-3361 x 242.
Our family visitors are always important to us. We'd like to suggest some ways to enhance your visit.
Familes in the Discovery Room at George Eastman House.
- Please feel free to join any of the day’s public house tours and gallery talks. Our admission staff would be delighted to direct you.
- We hope you will enjoy visiting our current photography exhibits. These exhibitions give us the opportunity to highlight some of the greatest hits of the Museum’s photography, technology, and motion pictures collections.
- Don’t forget about the Discovery Room on the second floor of the house! It’s open to the public beginning at 1 p.m. each day. The kids (and parents too!) will enjoy creating their own sunprints and visiting other hands-on stations throughout the room.
- Our Museum Store offers a variety of Children’s books and toys. Judy or Karen would be happy to show you what’s available.
- No visit would be complete without a visit to our Café. Mary invites you to check out the day’s selections of soups, salads, sandwiches, and, of course, delicious cakes, cookies, and other pastries.
Note: Baby-changing stations are located in each of the restrooms.