Forest School: Trackers | Ellison Park
Ages6-8 years 9-12 years Teenagers
A unique survival skills program, Trackers (formerly Running Wild Forest School) is designed to teach ancient knowledge and understanding of the natural world combined with unique instruction on the time-honored techniques of wilderness living.
Expect your child to learn about:
– Shelter & fire building
– Identification of flora and fauna
– Plants for food & medicine
– Purification of water
– Natural navigation
– Wild crafting & responsible tool use
EarthWorks Institute staff encourage students to practice:
– Wonders of the environment
– Natural processes through immersion
– Full sensory experience with nature
– Working with peers
– Practicing wilderness skills
Our curriculum combines unique outdoor games with challenges that give children the confidence to discover the outdoors in a safe and meaningful way.
Our goal is to activate each child’s curiosity and love for learning while fostering personal growth, social responsibility, and bonds that last a lifetime.