Fall Festival & Agricultural Fair
AgesAll Ages Adults & kids together Adults without kids
- Experience the spirit of a 19th-century magic show
- Attend a Punch & Judy puppet show
- Tour the museum's 19th-century fully-functioning brewery throughout the day
- Enjoy a concert by the museum's vocal group The Genesee Harmonic Society (Sunday only) at 2pm
- Have your fortune read by a 19th-century fortune teller
- In the 1800s, the shape of the skull was believed to indicate one's character traits; learn how to do a reading on your friends and family at the Phrenology Tent!
- As was common at 19th-century fairs, museum vintage base ball teams will square off for the Mayor’s Cup Championship trophy. The consolation game will be played Saturday and the championship game on Sunday. Both games are at 1:00 PM and are played at Silver Base Ball Park, the only replica 1800s base ball park in the nation.
There are exhibitions in more than 150 categories of judged baked goods, preserves, hand-made needlecrafts and the industrial arts—including tin, iron and wooden wares; pottery; cooperage (barrel making); printing; and broom and soap making.
All kids are FREE!
Goats and Horses and Birds, Oh My!
- Visit an extensive range of poultry and waterfowl from the Rochester Poultry Association
- Cheer on your favorite goat at the Genesee Country Dairy Goat Club Show
- Stop by the Livestock Tent to meet local cows, sheep and goats
- Befriend horses and donkeys as they parade around the Great Meadow and Historic Village