- All FREE events coming up
- Indoor Play Centers
- Cross-country skiing & snowshoeing
- Family-friendly SKIING within driving distance
- Ice Skating in the Rochester area
- Where to SLED
- Winter fun in Monroe County's parks
- Maple Syrup & Sugar Events
- Upcoming open houses
- Review of Swain Ski Resort
- Top 10 WINTER things to do with kids in ROC
YOUR ONLINE RESOURCE FOR KIDS AND FAMILIES
- Southeast / Florida
- Midwest & Texas
- Mountain states
- West Coast / Nevada
Edgerton Model Railroad Club Open House
Edgerton Model Railroad Club
Visit historic 4 Season Model Railroad layouts originally built by the City of Rochester and the P.A.L. in 1950 and named Model Railroad Heaven.
Railroad layouts depict various seasons in the Rochester area as well as a whimsical winter scene that features the Polar Express train. Thomas the Tank Engine and his friends can also be found on the layouts as well as vintage and more recent O Gauge trains. Along with the trains there are several operating accessories, some of which are operated by buttons located along the edge of the layout for young visitors to operate.
There are also displays of vintage model trains and memorabilia for older visitors to enjoy.
Parking and Admission are free, although donations to support the care, maintenance, and improvement of the layouts by the club volunteers are gladly accepted.