Edgerton Model Railroad Club Layout Tours
AgesAll Ages Adults & kids together Adults without kids
These four layouts in O scale were started in 1950 by the City of Rochester, and the Police Athletic (PAL) with assistance from the Lionel Corporation. These layouts depict the four seasons , and the backdrops were painted by the Rochester Art Club. The Lionel Corporation donated $5,000 worth of trains, tracks and other accessories. The City of Rochester supplied a crew of carpenters who built the train room. New York Governor Thomas E. Dewey officially opened the P.A.L. Model Railroad Heaven with a ceremony on October 27, 1950. In 1991, Lionel again donated a large amount of stock and accessories. In 2004 a major contribution of locomotives, rolling stock and accessories were received by donations from many O Gauge manufacturers with the help from the Train Collectors Association (TCA). In 2010, the Eastern Division of the TCA donated money for these layouts. Throughout the years many other individuals and companies have made donations to these layouts (please go to the link of sponsors).