- All FREE events coming up
- Indoor Play Centers
- Cross-country skiing & snowshoeing
- Family-friendly SKIING within driving distance
- Ice Skating in the Rochester area
- Where to SLED
- Winter fun in Monroe County's parks
- Upcoming open houses
- Kid-Friendly Wegmans
- Grocery Store Games
- Review of Swain Ski Resort
- Top 10 WINTER things to do with kids in ROC
YOUR ONLINE RESOURCE FOR KIDS AND FAMILIES
- Southeast / Florida
- Midwest & Texas
- Mountain states
- West Coast / Nevada
Dickens Christmas in Skaneateles: 19th Annual Celebration
An annual tradition, the celebration begins the day after Thanksgiving and runs every Saturday and Sunday through December 24th from noon to 4 pm. Charles Dickens and his cast of over 50 characters will interact with residents and visitors in the streets, stores and restaurants. Don't miss lively acts at the Library (and Mother Goose too!), live music, unique shopping, wonderful food and carriage rides around the Village.
SPECIAL EVENT: Dinner with Dickens and Friends! Thursday, December 13 at Mirbeau Inn and Spa at 6 pm.
"The Festival Fanatics" made a surprise visit to the Dickens Festival in Skaneateles on December 2nd. Click on this link to see video of the characters in action, and what they loved about Dickens Christmas! http://newyorkstatefestivals.com/2012/12/02/it-feels-like-london-at-the-dickens-christmas-in-skaneateles-video-photos/
Celebrate the Christmas Season and watch literature brought to life, as Charles Dickens and Company perform a live rendition of A Christmas Carol. Enjoy a traditional English Prime Rib dinner with special child friendly options available for the youngsters. This interactive dinner will be great fun for youngsters and for everyone who is young at heart, music included. $36++ Adults, $18++ Children under 14. Entertainment provided by Scarlett Rat Entertainment as seen in Skaneateles' popular Dickens Christmas.
- Christmas carol sing-along, The Revels Live, at 2 p.m. at the Gazebo with the entire Dickens cast. (Bad weather place is the Sherwood House.)
- Free roasted chestnuts in front of Johnny Angels, donated by TOPS Market, and roasted by Mid-Lakes Navigation. Grill donated by Skaneateles Town Square.
- Mother Goose reads holiday stories to the children at the Skaneateles Library
- Father Christmas greets the children on the porch of the Masonic Temple (13 E. Genesee St.) each weekend day from noon to 2 p.m. He will have special treats for especially good children.
- Special shows at the Skaneateles Library at 1 and 3 pm. (except November 26th). John Henry Anderson, the great magician, will appear on several weekends (dates to be announced) Free, however donations are welcome.
- Every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday during Dickens Christmas - visit the Mirbeau Inn & Spa Winter Wonderland "French Country Christmas Display." Enjoy free spiced hot cider, hot cocoa and cookies from noon to 4 pm! Also, get your picture taken professionally by James Peluso in front of the Currier & Ives cutter sleigh by the Mirbeau Christmas tree. Make it your holiday photo. 851 West Genesee Street, Skaneateles. 315-685-5006 or 877-MIRBEAU (877-647-2328)
- The Dickens characters will be acting out scenes from a Christmas Carol on the steps of the Masonic Temple at 12:30, 1:30 and 3:30. These interactive trunk shows are sponsored by the Summit Auto Group.