Camp Eastside- School Age Camp
Ages6-8 years 9-12 years Teenagers
Salamanders are campers entering grades 1-2
Lizards are campers entering grades 3-4
Dragons are campers entering grades 5-7
Leaders In Training (LIT) are ages 13 and 14
Counselors In Training (CIT) are 15 years in age
Session Dates and themes:
Session 1: June 25-June 29 Olympics Week
Session 2: July 2-July 6* Around the World
Session 3: July 9-July 13 Eastside’s Got Talent [Seabreeze Field Trip]
Session 4: July 16-July 20 Campers VS Counselors
Session 5: July 23-July 29 Rodeo Gold Round-up [OVERNIGHT!]
Session 6: July 30-August 3 Color Wars
Session 7: August 6-August 10 Game Craze [Seabreeze Field Trip]
Session 8: August 13-August 17 Jar Wars– Human Question Mark
Session 9: August 20-August 24 Pirates of Eastside
Session 10: August 27-August 31 Camp Rewind!
Day camp and specialty camps take place in the back camp grounds– look for the ‘Welcome to Camp Eastside’ sign! We are lucky to have the amenities of the branch at our fingertips but the luxury of being able to enjoy open fields, outdoor sports courts, and wooded hiking trails.
Campers will store bags, lunches and beat the heat and wet weather in the their designated areas. We have two fully enclosed shelters: both with two bathrooms and drinking fountains. Dragons will use the open-air pavilion as their home base throughout the week.
Campers will rotate to each of the areas over the course of the week–
- Craft: Campers will create crafts that will hang on your refrigerator or be showcased on the mantel for months to come.
- Outdoor Adventure: Learn outdoor living skills, stewardship, and animal tracking and insect finding (all bugs will remain at camp).
- Rock Wall: Our indoor and outdoor rock walls offer campers the opportunity to step outside of their comfort zone and gain confidence.
- Archery: We begin the basics teaching a traditional recurve discipline.
- Friday Theme Days: Each Friday a large event will happen based on the theme. We do offer two Friday field trips throughout the summer.
- Swimming daily. Our indoor aquatics area means we’ll never get rained out of swimming. All campers must pass a “deep end” swim test to be able to swim in the deep end or without a life jacket. Each swim period will begin with a 30 minute swim lesson.
- Group based programming is designed to expose campers to a variety of traditional camping activities. Counselors will plan theme based activities that include crafts, large group games, STEM, creative thinking, and more.
- Unit time. As the day wraps down each unit will huddle up and spend time bonding as a larger group.
YMCA Member $213
Program Member $274
AM care [7:00-9:00] and PM [4-6] are available at no additional charge.