2013 New York State Fair: Aug 22 - Sept 2
Gates open at 8 a.m. daily and exhibit buildings are open from 10 a.m.-10 p.m. (with the exception of Labor Day – buildings close at 9 p.m.)
- 2013 Grandstand Concert Series
- Admission to the Fair is included with the advanced purchase of a Grandstand concert ticket on the day of the show
- 2013 Chevy Court FREE concerts
- Different acts each day at 2 and 8 p.m.
- All shows at Chevy Court are free with Fair admission.
- Scroll down to see all of the great FREE musical acts in this year's Fair!
- Signature State Fair Food:
· Lots of food deals: $0.25 cup of fresh milk, $1 baked potatoes (Horticulture Bldg.), hot beef sundaes, salt potatoes
· Deep-fried mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, candy bars, cheesecake, PB&J sandwiches
· Dinosaur Bar-B-Que, Gianelli sausage sandwiches
· Big Kahuna Donut Dog
· General admission is $10 (children under 12 free every day)
· Advance sale tickets $6 – save 40% – (on sale at a variety of locations throughout New York State, click here for a full list).
o Can also purchase six-day frequent fair passes (valid for one person) $30, pre-paid parking passes for one day $5
· The Fair box office is open weekdays 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Grandstand tickets can be purchased at the Fair box office or through the new etix system at etix.com
- Advance sale tickets and Midway FunCards can all be purchased at the Fair box office or at other outlets throughout New York State
· The Fair’s midway is one of the largest carnival midways in New York State
· Open until midnight every night of the Fair
· During the 2011 Fair, the midway set a new record in terms of revenue grossing in excess of $2.1 million.
· Unlimited rides for one price: $25 wristbands on six days
- Thurs 8/23, Fri 8/24, Mon 8/27, Tues 8/28, Wed 8/29, Thurs 8/30
- This year we will again offer the Discount Strates Shows Midway FunCard worth $24 for only $14 if you purchase by Aug. 22
- Available at most advance sale locations
- 24 credits per card – each ride requires 2 or more credit.
- A savings of $10 off the regular ride book price.
- The FunCard System replaces traditional ride books and individual tickets with a single electronic, bar coded card that can be used on all of the of the rides at the Midway and Kiddieland.
- NEW: This year, Fairgoers can also buy advance sale midway wristbands and ride tickets online through Aug. 22. There will be a price discount for those purchasing online.
· Butter sculpture / Sand sculpture
· Animal shows, petting zoo
· Nightly parade at 6 p.m.
· NEW: Monster truck show
· NEW: BMX stunt show
· NEW: Interactive rain forest learning exhibit
· NEW: Midway Music Series – built around local and up-and-coming bands
· NEW: Great Lakes Lumberjack Show
Mobile Fair Site:
· A mobile version of nysfair.org
· It functions like an app on a smartphone and allows smartphone users to have easy access to the most popular Fair information (concerts, visitor guide, food guide, etc.)
· The “My Itinerary” feature allows Fairgoers to plan out their day at the Fair based on age, gender and interests from the website.
· Itineraries will be able to be saved, sent to a friend or printed.
· NEW: This year, QR Codes will be placed on agricultural signage around the Fairgrounds allowing Fairgoers to scan the QR Codes and learn more about NYS Fair agriculture.
· There is a QR Code on the advance sale posters and counter cards at all advance sale ticket locations. The QR Code will also be placed on print ads.
· If you can scan the QR Code with a smartphone, you can enter into a drawing to win a free, one-day parking pass to the Fair.
· Those without a smartphone can text “parking” to 24587 to be entered into the free parking drawing.
Interactive Fairgrounds Map:
· The interactive fairgrounds map on the Fair’s website allows the viewer to zoom in on quadrants of the fairgrounds.
· They are then able to roll over or click on specific locations (numbered elements on the map) to view more details about that specific location – what exhibits are in that building, what entertainment is located in that area, etc.
Interactive Food Finder:
· The Food Finder is an interactive listing of just about every food vendor on the fairgrounds during The Fair.
· It allows the viewer to search for the location of their favorite foods.
· You can sign up for email and text message updates at www.nysfair.org
· Follow NYSFair on Twitter
Karmin: Aug 23, 2012 • 2:00 PM @Chevy Court
Neon Trees: Aug 23, 2012 • 8:00 PM @Chevy Court
Sawyer Brown: Aug 24, 2012 • 2:00 PM @Chevy Court
Matt Nathanson: Aug 24, 2012 • 8:00 PM @Chevy Court
Bridgit Mendler: Aug 25, 2012 • 2:00 PM @Chevy Court
The J. Geils Band: Aug 25, 2012 • 8:00 PM @Chevy Court
Ronnie Milsap: Aug 26, 2012 • 2:00 PM @Chevy Court
Gary Allan Aug 26, 2012 • 8:00 PM @Chevy Court
The Buddy Rich Band: Aug 27, 2012 • 2:00 PM @Chevy Court
Three Dog Night: Aug 27, 2012 • 8:00 PM @Chevy Court
The Midtown Men: Aug 28, 2012 • 2:00 PM @Chevy Court
Collective Soul: Aug 28, 2012 • 8:00 PM @Chevy Court
Guy Fieri: Aug 29, 2012 • 2:00 PM @Chevy Court
Victoria Justice: Aug 29, 2012 • 8:00 PM @Chevy Court
Mike Posner: Aug 30, 2012 • 2:00 PM @Chevy Court
The Happy Together Tour: Aug 30, 2012 • 8:00 PM @Chevy Court
Christopher Cross: Aug 31, 2012 • 2:00 PM @Chevy Court
The Commodores: Aug 31, 2012 • 8:00 PM @Chevy Court
Eddie Money: Sep 01, 2012 • 2:00 PM @Chevy Court
Theory of a Deadman: Sep 01, 2012 • 8:00 PM @Chevy Court
Jermaine Paul: Sep 02, 2012 • 2:00 PM @Chevy Court
The Band Perry: Sep 02, 2012 • 8:00 PM @Chevy Court
Candy Coburn with Joanne Shenandoah: Sep 03, 2012 • 2:00 PM @Chevy Court
The Charlie Daniels Band: Sep 03, 2012 • 8:00 PM @Chevy Court